Weekday Mornings: Active Shooter / Medical Emergency (FLSD) Component #3 AS/ME
This is Component #3 of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) accredited course for Fire and Life Safety Director (FSLD). The course provides 4-hours of instruction in one class.
To completed the requirements for Fire and Life Safety Director (FSLD) Component #1 Fire Safety Director and Compontent #2 (Non-Fire Emergencies) and Component must also be taken.
The course provides 4-hours of instruction followed by a 20 question exam.
Pre-requisite for FLSD F-89: 1.5 years of Fire Safety related experience, including 6 months of experience in one property.
Click link to review new qualifications criteria:
Current F-25, F-58 and F-59 C of F holders must bring to the class a clear copy of their C of F. Holders of F-59 only bring the F-59
FDNY requires that you attend all 4 hours and receive a mark of 70% on NYFSI’s final exam for this course. Those passing with a mark of 70% or higher are granted a letter from NYFSI, which must be presented at the Fire Department.
About the FDNY Certificate of Fitness
Procedures for New Candidates
Phase 1-Candidates obtains an F-85 C of F
- Complete and pass FSD course (20 hours), obtain FSD school diploma/letter.
- Complete and pass Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness course (4 hours). Obtain the school diploma/letter.
- Take and pass the FSD exam at the Fire Department.
- If the candidate meets the experience and qualification requirements the FDNY will issue you a Certificate of Completion.
- Schedule the FSD on-site and take the on-site practical test
- Hand in the Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness school diploma.
- Pass the FSD on-site to receive the F-85 C of F.
Phase 2- become a T-89 C of F holder.
- Complete and pass the EAP course (7 hours).
- Obtain the EAP school diploma/letter.
- Take and pass the EAP exam at the Fire Department.
- Obtain the Z-59 letter from the Fire Department.
- Before the Z-59 letter expires, submit a letter from building owner stating that the comprehensive plan hasn’t been accepted. The FDNY will issue the T-89 C of F card.