Active Shooter / Medical Emergency Preparedness
Class added September 27th.
September 13th is full and closed for new students
This is the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) accredited Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness course. This Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness Training Course Curriculum provides a general guidance to Fire and Life Safety (FLS) Director and the building owners to mitigate the damage or injuries resulting from active shooter and medical emergency incidents occurred in high-rise buildings. The course provides 4-hours of instruction followed by a 20 question exam.
Current F-25, F-58 and F-59 C of F holders must bring to the class a clear copy of their C of F. Holders of F-59 only bring the F-59
FDNY requires that you attend all 4 hours and receive a mark of 70% on NYFSI’s final exam for this course. Those passing with a mark of 70% or higher are granted a letter from NYFSI, which must be presented at the Fire Department.
About the FDNY Certificate of Fitness
Procedures for New Candidates
Phase 1-Candidates obtains an F-85 C of F
- Complete and pass FSD course (20 hours), obtain FSD school diploma/letter.
- Complete and pass Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness course (4 hours). Obtain the school diploma/letter.
- Take and pass the FSD exam at the Fire Department.
- If the candidate meets the experience and qualification requirements the FDNY will issue you a Certificate of Completion.
- Schedule the FSD on-site and take the on-site practical test
- Hand in the Active Shooter and Medical Emergency Preparedness school diploma.
- Pass the FSD on-site to receive the F-85 C of F.
Phase 2- become a T-89 C of F holder.
- Complete and pass the EAP course (7 hours).
- Obtain the EAP school diploma/letter.
- Take and pass the EAP exam at the Fire Department.
- Obtain the Z-59 letter from the Fire Department.
- Before the Z-59 letter expires, submit a letter from building owner stating that the comprehensive plan hasn’t been accepted. The FDNY will issue the T-89 C of F card.