Prior to joining NY Fire Consultants Inc. as a Fire & Life Safety Consultant and becoming a certified instructor at NY Fire Safety Institute (NYFSI), retired FDNY Captain Mallery spent 28 years protecting the city, rising from firefighter to captain at Ladder 10. Captain Mallery also managed the Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Unit.
- Retired Captain Ladder 10 in 2002, New York City Fire Department
- Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Unit
- FDNY Probationary Firefighter school 1974
- FDNY Chauffeur Training school 1978
- FDNY Officer Induction Training School
- 1985 FDNY Hazardous Materials Training (CPC)
- 1996 New York City Technical College Fire Science Course 1974-1975 Brooklyn Technical High School, Structural Course 1970