Retired FDNY Captain LaPorta draws on his extensive FDNY experience and indepth knowledge of NYC local laws and fire codes in his role as Fire & Life Safety Consultant with NY Fire Consultants Inc.
LaPorta conducts fire drills in office buildings and hotels, fire brigade training in offices and hotels, and non-fire emergency drills in office buildings for many of our clients.
As a certified instructor at the New York Fire Safety Institute, Captain LaPorta teaches courses in:
- Fire Safety Director
- Emergency Action Plan Director
- Construction Site Fire Safety Manager
- Fire Safety Coordinator
- Fire Guard
- Building Operations, Maintenance and Recordkeeping (R-BOMR)
- Sprinkler and Standpipe Certificate of Fitness
LaPorta also conducts one on one preparatory sessions for people preparing to take the NYC On-Site Tests for both the Fire Safety Director and the Emergency Action Plan Director positions.
During Mike’s 17 years in the FDNY, he was assigned in 1988 to an engine company and later transferred to a ladder company. In 1999 Mike was promoted to Lieutenant and in 2003 to Captain. Working as a member of the FDNY in NYC allowed Mike to develop his skills in various building structures including:
- Commercial Structures
- Apartment Buildings
- Private Dwellings
- St. John Fisher College
- FDNY Fire Academy
- FDNY First Line Instructor Program School
- Certified First Responder
- Instructor FDNY Training Academy
- Uniformed Firefighters Association
- Uniformed Fire Officers Association
- FDNY Florian’s Association