As an active member of the FDNY, Lieutenant McCutchan possesses extensive knowledge of current NYC local laws and fire codes as well as more than three decades of experience and leadership.
As a certified instructor at the NY Fire Safety Institute (NYFSI), Lt. McCutchan leverages his expertise and teaches courses in:
- Fire Safety Director
- Emergency Action Plan Director
- Construction Site Fire Safety Manager
- Fire Safety Coordinator
- Fire Guard
- Building Operations, Maintenance and Recordkeeping
Promoted to lieutenant in 1997, Lt. McCutchan has dedicated 32 years to keeping NYC safe as a integral member of the FDNY and has spent his entire career in active fire units within Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Lt. McCutchan is a past member of the FDNY Incident Management Team and has served as an adjunct instructor for the FDNY’s Fire Academy for the last 10 years where he teaches courses and assists in developing the curriculum for the Annual Education Program and First Line Supervisors Training Leadership Program.
As a graduate of the FDNY’s West Point Counterterrorism Program, Lt. McCutchan is also a lead instructor for the NYC Office of Emergency Management’s Community Emergency Response Teams. This program involves training civilian volunteers to assist First Responders at large scale disasters in NYC. Lt. McCutchan is also a recipient of four Unit Citations for excellent performance at FDNY operations.
- NYC Fire Academy
- FDNY West Point Counter-terrorism Program
- Certified First Responder
- Hazardous Material Technician 1
- Fire Service Instructor Level 2
- WMD Radiological/Nuclear Course, Bechtel, Nevada
- Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings, New Mexico
- WMD Technical Emergency Response Course, Alabama
- Emergency Response to Domestic Biological Incidents
- Prevention and Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents
- WMD Crime Scene Management for Emergency Responders
- Fire Safety Directors Course (Hi-Rise/Hotel) John Jay College
- Uniformed Fire Officers Association