F-80 Quiz (A)
1- There are three things that must be brought together to produce fire. Which of the ones listed below is not one of the?
2- Coordinators of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters are required in homeless shelters, including any building or occupancy required to have a one-way voice communication system, regardless of occupancy classification, and that is operated or occupied for more than?
- Any amount of time as a shelter
- Operates as a shelter for an entire year.
- Fifteen persons for a period of more than 30 days, including emergency shelters.
- Ten persons for two weeks or more or provides shelter to any children under 18 years of age.
- Are Individuals who are certified for the F-80 Certificate of Fitness will be exempt from having to obtain a separate S-95 Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and Other Related Systems.
- Yes they are always exempt from needing an S-95
- No they need to have and S-95 at all times.
- Yes as long as someone in the building has a valid S-95
- Yes exemption is for Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters who work in shelters only.
- The Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters is responsible for the following except:
- Conduct staff training and fire and non-fire emergency drills as required by the Fire Code
- They must be present at the shelter at all times.
- Must notify arriving emergency response personnel of the nature of the emergency and the response so far.
- Know the location of and how to personally operate all fire alarm systems in the shelter and report to the location of the emergency.
- Fire guards are responsible for the safety of all building occupants and employees by eliminating fire hazards and assisting in the evacuation of clients in case of a fire emergency. How often must they patrol the entire shelter?
- At least once a shift.
- At least once an hour
- When an alarm sounds.
- they are not responsible to patrol only to respond to emergencies.
- Which of the following is not a stage of fire behavior?
- Who is required to participate in a drill in a shelter?
- All staff members only
- Everyone in the building at the time of the drill
- Only adults who are in the shelter.
- Everyone except individuals who have been deemed handicapped.
- A Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) initiates following signals EXCEPT:
- Fire Alarm Signals
- Supervisory Signals
- Trouble Signals
- National Disasters
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors are required in any building that has:
- A theater
- A lounge
- Fossil (gas / oil ) fuel burning equipment
- A train station under building
- All newly installed fire alarm pull stations must be located within how many feet of the exit doorway opening?
A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 5
- All elevators equipped with Phase I emergency elevator recall and Phase II emergency in-service elevator operation shall be maintained in proper working order such that the emergency elevator operations are operable at all times. All elevators shall be subjected, at least a _______, to a Phase I recall test. All elevators shall also be subjected, at least a ________, to a minimum of a Phase II one-floor operation test.
- Monthly, Monthly
- Weekly, Weekly
- Semi Annually, Annual
- Monthly, Semi Annually
- Shelters must not become overcrowded and must maintain adequate means of egress, including: a. providing a livable area of not less than?
- 60 Square Feet per shelter occupant
- 80 square feet per shelter occupant, or as otherwise approved by the NYC Department of Buildings
- Depends on the layout of the shelter.
- There are no set requirements for shelter occupants.
- Adequate aisle space shall be maintained throughout the emergency shelter. Aisles shall not be less than?
- 36 inches in width, except that cross aisles (aisle space in the main hallways) shall not be less than 48 inches in width
- All aisle must at least 48 inches wide
- All aisle must be 36 inches wide.
- Aisle width depends on the building layout.
- Means of egress and exits shall be provided that are all of the following except?
- sufficient in number
- arranged to open in the direction of exit travel
- equipped with locks and chains
- remote from one another
- What determines the number of occupants authorized to be in a shelter?
- the New York City fire Department.
- the buildings certificate of occupancy
- the department of homeless services
- the New York City buildings department
- The Fire Department can deny, not renew, suspend or revoke a certificate for misconduct, which would include the failure of the certificate holder to properly fulfill his or her duties for any of the following reason EXCEPT?
- compromising the integrity or confidentiality of a Fire Department examination
- the failure of certificate holders to properly fulfill their duties
- any false and fraudulent conduct in connection with an application for a certificate or the duties of a certificate holder
- you can make changes to your certificate of fitness as long as you do so and pencil.
- Who is required to have the emergency preparedness plan prepared?
- the coordinator of fire safety and alarm systems in a homeless shelter.
- the owner of the building.
- the FDNY.
- The New York City Department of buildings
- Upon confirmation of off-line status from the Central Station Company, for a drill in a shelter a system off-line entry should be made in the logbook. The entry must include all of the following information EXCEPT?
- The time the system was taken off-line
- The reason the system was taken off-line
- The name of the coordinator who took the alarm system off-line
- The time the system was restored.
19- how often are drills to be conducted in shelters? (Choose the most correct)
- Monthly on each shift
20- Throughout the drill, the Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters and FEP staff should pay particular attention to and address all of the following EXCEPT?
- Difficulties experienced in determining that all building occupants are accounted for
- Ensuring that drills are conducted in as quick and timely manner no matter the results
- Difficulties experienced by people with disabilities or other special needs
- Identifying any problems with the fire alarm system.
- The correct way to reset the fire alarm system after an alarm is activated from a manual fire alarm pull station?
A. The alarm must be reset from the fire alarm pull station.
B. The main panel must be reset before the fire alarm pull station is reset.
C. The pull station must be reset to its normal position and then the main panel is reset.
D. A key is always required to reset the fire alarm system.
- Which one of the following is NOT a characteristic of fixed temperature heat detectors?
B- They are more sensitive than rate of rise heat detectors.
C- They need to be replaced after they activate the alarm.
D- They consist of two electrical contacts housed in a protective unit.
23. A Fire Guard must, after initial 4 hours of an out of service condition do what?
A- Have a F-01 Certificate of Fitness
B- be maintained continuously for 24 hours a day
C- patrol all areas at least once an hour
D- ALL of the ABOVE
- What classification of portable Fire extinguisher should be used on energized electrical equipment?
b) Class K
c) Class C
d) Class BC
- The portable fire extinguishers are required to be checked monthly. The owner of the business is responsible to select a person to do a monthly inspection. This monthly inspection is called a "quick check" when are they to be checked by a W-96 C of F holder?
C- Only one a quick check reveals a problem
D- After they are used.