On-Line Saturdays & Sunday: Fire Life Safety Director (FLSD) Component #2 Non-Fire
The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) is accrediting an On-Line Fire & Life Safety Directors (FLSD) course.
The course provides the required 11-hours of instructions.
Non-Fire Emergencies with Active Shooter/Medical Emergencies.Component
Required Criteria for online training:
This course content will be virtual face to face technology learning platform. “Zoom” platform.
The platform utilizes interactive conferencing.
The platform allows the instructor to see and talk with all the students in real time inside the virtual face to face classroom the whole time the class is in session.
The online class session will be live with the instructor present at all times.
The live instructor will be visible on the student’s computer screen at all times. The students computer also screen will present the PowerPoint training the instructor is presenting.
The instructor should be able to see each student in the classroom session.
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE LEARNING:
1. All students are required to provide the NYFSI a valid government issued photo identification document such as a State-issued Drivers’ License or Non Driver’s License or a passport at the beginning of a class. This process allows the online instructor to verify the correct person is online during the classroom session. A color copy of the students ID must be emailed to email@example.com
2. Each online classroom training session will not exceed a maximum of 5 hours and 10 minutes in length per-scheduled online classroom session.
3. NYFSI is required to take attendance at the beginning of a class during the online classroom session, when returned from breaks and at the end of session attendance must be taken the instructor. Attendance must be taken by confirming that the student is online and his/her camera is active. Students camera must remain active the entire time of the class is in session. Student may turn off camera during a break until the class resumes. Any student who leaves the cameras view without permission at any time must be marked absent from the class.
4. NYFSI will retain all the attendance records for auditors of FDNY at any time.
5. NYFSI will provide all the students with classroom manual for review prior to the scheduled online class session. This manual will be distributed to the student via email to the email address provided. The FLSD course must be paid for before the FLSD Manual is electronically send.
6. This on-line platform will have the ability for group chat during the online session.
7. Practical skills exercise or hand on demonstrations will be presented by the on-line instructors camera.
8. The instructor-to-student ratio is limited to not exceed twenty (25) students per class.
9. The graduation test will be also conducted on-line under the supervision of a proctor or instructor.
Students will required to have a Computer, Laptop or I-Pad with a camera
This Fire & Life Safety Directors (FLSD) course is required for all hotels and office buildings.
Pre-requisite for FLSD F-89: 1.5 years of Fire Safety related experience, including 6 months of experience in one property.
Click link to review new qualifications criteria:
FDNY requires that you attend all on-line classes
The final school exam will be administered online the week after completion of the class.
The attendance is required to take at the beginning of a class during the online classroom session, when returned from breaks and at the end of session attendance must be taken the instructor. Attendance will be taken by confirming that the student is online and his/her camera is active. Students camera must remain active the entire time of the class is in session. Student may turn off camera during a break until the class resumes. Any student who
leaves the cameras view without permission at any time must be marked absent from the class.
Fire and Life Safety Director (FLSD) is required in any commercial building classified as Group B and mixed occupancies by the NYC Department of Buildings during regular business hours.
The an FLSD must hold a valid Certificate of Fitness and is responsible to implement a fire safety and emergency action plan, training emergency action personnel and other duties related to emergency action plan.
Any building classified as Group B (Office Building) and Group R-1 (Hotel) occupancies by the NYC Department of Buildings must have an Fire and Life Safety Director on site during regular business hours for Office Buildings and 24/7 for Hotels. An Fire and Life Safety Director must hold a valid Certificate of Fitness and is responsible to implement a fire safety and an emergency action plan, train fire safety personnel and other duties related to emergency action plan.
This Certificate of Fitness is valid only at a specific location and for the specific person to whom it is issued.
- FDNY new procedures for COF application and appointment
- Fire Life Safety Director's Quiz By Chapters
- Download the FDNY EAP Notice of Examination
- Schedule the FDNY Non-Fire Certificate of Fitness Exam at the Fire Department
- Download the EAP Director application.
- Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan Director On-Site Exam Request Instructions
- F-89 or T-89 Employer Verification letter
- Reference Guide Questions
- Reference Guide Questions with the Answers
- FLS Director Response Checklist – FIRE INCIDENTS
- FLS Director Response Checklist – NON-FIRE INCIDENTS
- FLS Director Response Checklist – MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
- FDNY F-85 to 89 pages 30-42 Notice of Exam