Saturdays: Fire Life Safety Director (FLSD) Component #2 Non-Fire
This is Component #2 (Non-Fire) of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) accredited course for Fire and Life Safety Director (FSLD). The course provides 11-hours of instructions.
To completed the requirements for Fire and Life Safety Director (FSLD) Component #1 (Fire Emergencies) and Component #2 (Non-Fire Emergencies with Active Shooter/Medical Emergencies) must also be taken.
Sign up for all three courses and save on the registration fee.
- Starting on 4/1/2019, the 4-hour ASMEP course is not be offered separately, it must be combined with the 7-hour EAP course to become the 11-hour Non-Fire FLSD course.)
Pre-requisite for FLSD F-89: 1.5 years of Fire Safety related experience, including 6 months of experience in one property.
FDNY requires that you attend all classes and receive a mark of 70% on NYFSI’s final exam for this course. Those passing with a mark of 70% or higher are granted a diploma from NYFSI, which must be presented at the Fire Department.
Fire and Life Safety Director (FLSD) is required in any commercial building classified as Group B and mixed occupancies by the NYC Department of Buildings during regular business hours.
The an FLSD must hold a valid Certificate of Fitness and is responsible to implement a fire safety and emergency action plan, training emergency action personnel and other duties related to emergency action plan.
Any building classified as Group B (Office Building) and Group R-1 (Hotel) occupancies by the NYC Department of Buildings must have an Fire and Life Safety Director on site during regular business hours for Office Buildings and 24/7 for Hotels. An Fire and Life Safety Director must hold a valid Certificate of Fitness and is responsible to implement a fire safety and an emergency action plan, train fire safety personnel and other duties related to emergency action plan.
This Certificate of Fitness is valid only at a specific location and for the specific person to whom it is issued.
- Fire Life Safety Director's Quiz By Chapters
- Download the FDNY EAP Notice of Examination
- Schedule the FDNY Non-Fire Certificate of Fitness Exam at the Fire Department
- Download the EAP Director application.
- Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan Director On-Site Exam Request Instructions
- F-89 or T-89 Employer Verification letter