On-Line Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters (F-80)
We now offer Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters (F-80) on-line
Required Criteria for online training:
This course content will be virtual face to face technology learning platform. “Zoom” platform.
The platform utilizes interactive conferencing.
The platform allows the instructor to see and talk with all the students in real time inside the virtual face to face classroom the whole time the class is in session.
The online class session will be live with the instructor present at all times.
The live instructor will be visible on the student’s computer screen at all times. The students computer also screen will present the PowerPoint training the instructor is presenting.
The instructor should be able to see each student in the classroom session.
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE LEARNING:
1. All students are required to provide the NYFSI a valid government issued photo identification document such as a State-issued Drivers’ License or Non Driver’s License or a passport at the beginning of a class. This process allows the online instructor to verify the correct person is online during the classroom session. A color copy of the students ID must be emailed to email@example.com
2. Each online classroom training session will not exceed a maximum of 5 hours and 10 minutes in length per-scheduled online classroom session.
4. NYFSI will retain all the attendance records for auditors of FDNY at any time.
3. NYFSI is required to take attendance at the beginning of a class during the online classroom session, when returned from breaks and at the end of session attendance must be taken the instructor. Attendance must be taken by confirming that the student is online and his/her camera is active. Students camera must remain active the entire time of the class is in session. Student may turn off camera during a break until the class resumes. Any student who leaves the cameras view without permission at any time must be marked absent from the class.
5. NYFSI will provide all the students with classroom manual for review prior to the scheduled online class session. This manual will be distributed to the student via email to the email address provided. The FLSD course must be paid for before the FLSD Manual is electronically send.
6. This on-line platform will have the ability for group chat during the online session.
7. Practical skills exercise or hand on demonstrations will be presented by the on-line instructors camera.
8. The instructor-to-student ratio is limited to not exceed twenty (25) students per class.
9. The graduation test must be conducted in person at the school under the supervision of an proctor or instructor
Students will required to have a Computer, Laptop or I-Pad with a camera
This is the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) approved course for the Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems required before taking the FDNY exam. It consists of one 8-hour class held on-line that are held as needed.
The final school exam will be administered online the week after completion of the class.
FDNY requires that you attend all classes and receive a mark of 70% on NYFSI’s final exam for this course. Those passing with a mark of 70% or higher are granted a diploma from NYFSI, which must be presented at the Fire Department.
All students should read our Definitions & Terminology document before the first class. Once you have completed and paid for registration of this course, there will be a download link in your Order Confirmation email whereby you can download the document.
All homeless shelters require an individual holding a Certificate of Fitness for Coordinator of Fire Safety and Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters (F-80).
This certificate is also needed in any building or occupancy required to have a one-way voice communication system, regardless of occupancy classification, that is operated or occupied by more than 15 persons for a period of more than 30 days, including emergency shelters.
This Certificate of Fitness is valid only at a specific location and for the specific person to whom it is issued.
Prior to taking the computer-based examination at 9 Metro Tech Center, all applicants shall satisfactorily complete an approved course for Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters. Applicants must attend all training classes to be eligible to take the training course’s final examination. School Graduation Diploma will be issued after the candidates obtain a passing score of 70% on the Graduation Test.
Download the Definitions & Terminology document which all students should read before the first day of class.