On-Line Construction Site Fire Safety Manager (S-56)
We now offer Construction Site Fire Safety Manager (S-56) on-line
The first ON-LINE course will scheduled to start April 28 & 30, 2020
Required Criteria for online training:
This course content will be virtual face to face technology learning platform. “Zoom” platform.
The platform utilizes interactive conferencing.
The platform allows the instructor to see and talk with all the students in real time inside the virtual face to face classroom the whole time the class is in session.
The online class session will be live with the instructor present at all times.
The live instructor will be visible on the student’s computer screen at all times. The students computer also screen will present the PowerPoint training the instructor is presenting.
The instructor should be able to see each student in the classroom session.
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE LEARNING:
1. All students are required to provide the NYFSI a valid government issued photo identification document such as a State-issued Drivers’ License or Non Driver’s License or a passport at the beginning of a class. This process allows the online instructor to verify the correct person is online during the classroom session. A color copy of the students ID must be emailed to email@example.com
2. Each online classroom training session will not exceed a maximum of 5 hours and 10 minutes in length per-scheduled online classroom session.
4. NYFSI will retain all the attendance records for auditors of FDNY at any time.
3. NYFSI is required to take attendance at the beginning of a class during the online classroom session, when returned from breaks and at the end of session attendance must be taken the instructor. Attendance must be taken by confirming that the student is online and his/her camera is active. Students camera must remain active the entire time of the class is in session. Student may turn off camera during a break until the class resumes. Any student who leaves the cameras view without permission at any time must be marked absent from the class.
5. NYFSI will provide all the students with classroom manual for review prior to the scheduled online class session. This manual will be distributed to the student via email to the email address provided. The FLSD course must be paid for before the FLSD Manual is electronically send.
6. This on-line platform will have the ability for group chat during the online session.
7. Practical skills exercise or hand on demonstrations will be presented by the on-line instructors camera.
8. The instructor-to-student ratio is limited to not exceed twenty (25) students per class.
9. The graduation test must be conducted in person at the school under the supervision of an proctor or instructor
Students will required to have a Computer, Laptop or I-Pad with a camera
This is the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) approved course for the Coordinator of Fire Safety & Alarm Systems required before taking the FDNY exam. It consists of one 8-hour class held on-line that are held as needed.
The final school exam will be administered online the week after completion of the class.
This is the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) certified course for the Construction Site Fire Safety Manager. It consists of two 5-hour classes.
FDNY requires that you attend all classes and receive a mark of 70% on NYFSI’s final exam for this course. Those passing with a mark of 70% or higher are granted a diploma from NYFSI, which must be presented at the Fire Department.
The S-56 Certificate of Fitness is required where a Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator is required by the Building Code for a construction site. The Construction Site Fire Safety Manager (CSFSM) shall conduct an inspection of the construction site and all fire safety measures on at least a daily basis, and maintain a record when construction, demolition and alteration work is being conducted.